Saturday, September 20, 2014

Waiting For Baby

We are getting very excited to meet this little baby and emotions still take over when I think of all that we have been through this pregnancy.  This could get a little lengthy, but this is our baby's story and I want to have it for the record.  We found out in early January 2014 that we were expecting!  It was at this time that Byron's company was working on a bid on a project in Israel.  We expressed our interest in being willing to go and the journey began.  This baby has been to Disney Land in California and also experienced it's (and mine) first earthquake.  Driven through Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado and into Wyoming.  Took a trip to Nebraska and South Dakota.  Flew to Newark and then onto Tel Aviv, Israel . We have been to Jerusalem and Haifa,we have sat through part of a war in Israel and then onto Rome, Florence, a touch down into Athens and back to Tel Aviv. Finally, back on the big airplane for a trip back to the US at 34 weeks pregnant.  Phew.......I'm tired.

Even today, on my due date, I get very emotional when I think of how we pictured things would turn out how they have actually turned out.  I have been very thankful for my wonderful midwife here in AZ that put me back on her books and has been such a help and encouragement to me.  I can't help but think of my midwife back in Jerusalem and how I imagined us welcoming our baby in Israel.  In the end I know it doesn't matter where the baby is born, but it really is hard for the mind to make a complete 180.

We have everything ready and baby can come anytime.  We are excited to meet this little one and excited to get back to our lives in Israel as soon as we can!






                                                      Midwife Barbara in Jerusalem


Midwife Stephanie in Arizon


The 40 week belly!




1 comment:

Mel said...

Fun to stop in and peek at your happy little family again today - lots of GREAT pictures and commentary!! Thinking of you as baby #3 makes an arrival, hope it all goes well!
Melody & family